25 February 2013

a daughter



I knew it was her from the moment I saw those two faint pink lines. My surety made me nervous. I didn't believe I could really "know" that early on, but I did, and my feelings were confirmed within 30 seconds of our ultrasound last Thursday. Before getting pregnant, I always imagined our first being a son. There hasn't been a baby girl born into the Preusser family for 22 years, and before that, it was 30. We are being blessed with the next. A daughter. Our daughter. She is real. A round tiny babe with Steven's little chin, the roundest nose, and plump little toes. She likes to sleep & had two long, deep yawns while we watched her on the screen. She also stretched and stretched as we tried to get her to wake up. Her spine has every single vertebrae, and her ribs are all there too. Her heart is strong and her bones are starting to harden. Nothing about this experience will ever not be miraculous to me. That my body is capable of growing this human being, with all her organs, limbs, and bones in tact without a single thought by me. I have never felt more love in my lifetime.

We cannot wait to meet you, baby A.

13 comments:

  1. congratulations on your little lady! one of the things that has always amazed me, as silly as it sounds, is thinking about growing specific body parts of my daughter inside me. as in, i grew her ribs, and those eyes, yeah i grew those too. it's a crazy thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I love my little girl. Also like you I knew from the beginning she was a girl, I find that so weird thinking back on it sometimes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Pregnancy is a miracle to me as well - it´s God´s work! <3 Baby A. Can´t wait to find out what name you picked :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys just have the most beautiful... something... about you. the way in which you photograph your life, the things you choose to share and, moreso, the way you share them. there's just this air of simplicity, talent, calmness, and beauty. it's a real joy to visit your blog; something i find i look forward to...

    not to be at all biased, but especially now ;)
    the biggest congratulations!! girls are incredible! awesome, too, to know that it'll be the first girl in such a long time and the second in even longer. i cannot wait to see how this journey unfolds for the three of you and, also, to hear what sweet A stands for.

    hooray again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kandice, goodness. thank you so much for your words. I truly, am so flattered, as I look forward to your posts as well.

      I cannot wait to see you go through your second journey of carrying life! you will do so with the utmost grace and love I am sure.

      <3

      Delete
  5. my sweet friends! a family of three! i didn't know that part about A being the first girl in 22 years...that's so cool! i can't say how excited i am enough... so i'm going to online shop for princess. love you three <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful. congratulations you two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is too funny. Congratulations on the little girl! I just did a whole photo shoot in the dress you are wearing here though, I laughed out loud! I have had that dress hanging in my closet for 5+ years with the tags on, never worn it. Got it at Forever 21 ages ago. I finally put it on a girlfriend for a photoshoot to announce the winner of a wedding we gave away to a beautiful bride with stage 3 lymphoma, literally only days ago. YAY for lovely, beautiful girls! I am sure she will be practically perfect in every way! http://www.emilyheizer.com/2013/02/wedding-love-quotes-and-free-wedding.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so wonderful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you guys! I've been following your blog/photography for a while now, and seeing your lovely little family grow is just so awesome. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! That first picture is so gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You look so beautiful and I know you and Steven will make amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete