25 November 2012

giving thanks 2012


thanksgiving this year was such an all around sweet, special day. it began with a long night of sleep, cinnamon rolls, a bike ride for my fellow and his mama, and a buttermilk brined turkey prepped and ready for the oven just in time. throughout the whole day I got to bake and cook put my heart into every dish I had planned for weeks before. my mom-in-law made the day go so much smoother for me. cleaning up after every little disaster I created, picking up the slack when I wanted a shower, and helping me get everything on the table at the same time. we were a team. a perfect balance of give and take. and I loved more than anything having her help.

everything came out as delicious as I had hoped (all thanks to great recipes, and the said help I had) the menu was as follows:
buttermilk brined turkey with brown gravy & cranberry apple cider sauce, cornbread stuffing, green bean casserole, apple cranberry crumble, sweet potato casserole, baked - smashed - roasted potatoes, corn and rolls.

the left overs will basically feed us for the rest of the year. thanks to the smallest turkey we could find being 17 (!!) pounds.

we ended the night watching ELF and feasting on pumpkin cheesecake (the best, from trader joe's!), apple pie, and lemon custard pie.

I am just genuinely grateful for all that I have in my life right now. I honestly cannot get over how good God is and how blessed I am in this season of my life. I spent a lot of time hoping and wishing for something more. something greater, and now I realize that everything I will ever need is right. here. 

I'll be back soon with all of the fun day trips we took with the in-laws!

I hope you had a happy day, also, friends!

N


1 comment:

  1. WOW N'tima, you put on a fantastic spread! Your home is looking beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete