24 July 2013

the shower



I was lucky enough to be thrown two baby showers to celebrate our little girl. One held in June in Utah by my mama, and the other held a couple weeks ago here in California by my best gal(s) Sarah, and 
Mary Claire (who is responsible for the following gorgeous photos + the pretty dress I got to wear that day).


I am blown away with how beautiful it turned out. I could not have pictured a more perfect set up. It was a brunch party, complete with: donuts, donut holes for the thieving little ones, assorted french macrons, my mom's delicious chicken salad croissant sandwiches, strawberry and watermelon skewers, and homemade lemonade. It was a tiny get together of those that I love. It was comfortable. And I felt so incredibly special. Sarah made a complete reality of my vision, and I love her so much for it.

Thank you, ladies. One-hundred fold.

As I am nearing the end of this pregnancy, my cup runneth over. I have never know such depth of love - for not only the life that was hand sewn inside of me by God himself; but love for my Father, love for my Savior, love for my body, my husband, my family, and those friends that have lifted me up along the way. I have been surrounded by unwavering support during every single step. I feel so privileged to be so close to bringing new life into this world, this new person that is responsible for all of this love. Next time I write in this space, I may just be introducing my daughter (fingers crossed that is the case!). What a journey the past ten months has been. My heart is so ready for the next step.
 Until then. 

N

11 comments:

  1. This was very uplifting. I know it's about your party, but it brought a peace to my heart- especially the end. My husband and I are hoping to become pregnant very soon and your blog posts always make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo cute! I'm throwing my friend a baby shower in a couple weeks and I love the decorations & food table! definitely going to use some of these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely perfect. Sarah did a great job! Beyond lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so sweet! I am so excited for you. I love that photo of you holding up the strawberries. In case you don't post until having your little girl good luck and congrats!

    ♥J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful. Your shower is beautiful as well. Can't wait to meet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you ma. Your cup is my cup...and my cup is beyond full. Always lifting you up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Beautiful huskey-eyed mom-to-be <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely little pink-filled shower. My best wishes for your (hopefully soon) delivery. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about your shower! So sweet and simple. You look so beautiful as well. It's weird that I have been reading your blog since you got married, and now you are about to have a beautiful baby girl! So happy for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Your shower looks absolutely beautiful! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your dress! Where did you get it?! Beautiful shower for a beautiful mama!

    ReplyDelete